Public Right of Way Permits

    For any homeowner or building contractor considering work that will be performed in, or which will obstruct the Public Right-Of-Way, seek permit applications here or by contacting the Public Works Coordinator at 720-314-5558.

    Do I need a Public Right-Of-Way Permit?

    Work Needing Permits:

    Public Works must pre-approve plans before permit is issued, and complete work must pass inspection for:

    • Repairs to public sidewalks
    • Driveway Apron
    • Sewer Repairs which involve alley excavation
    • Gas or water connections which involve street excavation
    • Any other work which will obstruct access in the Public Right-Of-Way

    To apply for a Right-Of-Way Permit:

    1. Print and complete the following form: Public Right of Way Permit Application
    2. Email the following items to
      1. Completed Application
      2. A copy of your contractor’s license, if applicable (from any surrounding municipality)
      3. A copy of your contractor’s proof of Liability insurance
    3. Once the completed items are received by, a permit will be issued. Payment of fees can be made at Mountain View Town Hall or by calling them at 303-421-7282
    4. When the work is complete or ready for inspection, contact the Public Works Coordinator at 720-314-5558.